1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roe v. Wade to be overturned?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, May 3, 2022.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Maybe the Court can add Oregon and Washingtonbefore the Big 10 does.

WriteThinking, wicked, garrow and 2 others like this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Fuck you Ralph Nader. Nasty dirty piece of shit. Obit soon, please. As much you fault as anyone in history. Selfish little prick.

TigerVols and Smallpotatoes like this.
  3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Here's why these plans to arrest people who cross state lines to have abortions where it's legal are completely unconstitutional: Charlton County, Ga., is a dry county on Sundays. People in Charlton County drive across the Florida border to Nassau County and buy beer/wine/booze, or go to a restaurant and bar where they can get a drink. But are the cops in Charlton County arresting them when they come back home? Hell no, because they can't.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Until the SCOTUS says so.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Uncle Thomas and Sister Amy Coathanger looking for a way to revitalize the Dred Scott opinion. Never officially over turned as case law just superseded by the 13th & 14th Amendment. Since sex isn’t part of either explicitly, women weren’t citizens at the time of the opinion therefore Dred Scot applies to women.

6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I look forward to having to hold a driver's license for every state that I actually want to drive in that is not my home. Because if they can stop me from going across the state lines to use a service, then why would they not force me to get a driver's license which should be a huge revenue producer?

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

justgladtobehere likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That’s nice and all, but what happens when the unwanted kid turns four years old? Is the Mom and kid just shit out of luck at that point?

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

At age 4 we put them to work on the chicken farms and shrimp boats. Make that lousy buncha freeloadin' pants-shitters earn their keep like grandpappy did.
    If they can't hack it? There's a plan to make Mississippi the top Soylent Green producing state in the nation by 2040.

OscarMadison, Driftwood and maumann like this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

United Trunts of Amerikka.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, SCOTUS Six did say we have to go back to long-standing traditions.

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted