1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump is a dumbass authoritarian, DeSantis is the latter but damn smart about it. That’s scary.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

“Bill Bates PAC is responsible for the content of this advertising.”

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This whole Biden '24 thing is code red.

4. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Not that I have any idea if this guy I was talking about this with had any actual knowledge of the industry, but...

Supposedly, gas is a loss leader for mom-and-pop-type stores. They don't have the buying power of the big chains, so they're making less money or breaking even on the gas. In order for them to make money, they're hoping you need to come in and get a three-hour-old hotdog off the roller and a giant Coke to go.

So it's not the price of gas that would be the problem for them. It's the price of everything else.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm sure the esteemed Congresswomanperson is plenty smart, but then again there are a helluva lot of plenty smart people out there. If serious smarts or accomplishment was truly the coin of the realm in elective politics, Washington, D.C., would be populated by a whole different bunch of people.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Most Democrats Don’t Want Biden in 2024, New Poll Shows

I’m just going to come out and say it: I want younger blood,” said Nicole Farrier, a 38-year-old preschool teacher in East Tawas, a small town in northern Michigan. “I am so tired of all old people running our country. I don’t want someone knocking on death’s door.”

7. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Six of the last eight Presidential terms — including this current one — have been served by men born in the 1940s. Too many. Too long. Time for them to leave the stage.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I guess I'm most surprised that a Biden Administration seems to be run far less competently than the Obama Administration. Maybe it's just that Obama is a better salesman - but I think its more than that. The Biden team seems a lot less ambitious, a lot less able to engage and take the offensive when the a situation arises and doesn't seem to have a lot of answers and/or even strategies for things they've had plenty of time to think on. Biden probably did as much to save the world from tyranny as Churchill did, by beating Trump - but this isn't an Administration with much of a pulse.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I was recently reminded that Paul Ryan (born January 1970) is the only Gen-Xer to ever appear on a major presidential ticket. And that was a decade ago.

Kamala Harris missed the cut by just over 2 months.

cyclingwriter2 and Inky_Wretch like this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fat Orange Hitler, your trunt of trunts.

12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Isn’t that fine with most Americans?

Draft saved Draft deleted