1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7-11 owner told me that lottery tickets of all
    kinds made her lots of money

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And especially when a store sells a winning ticket.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Statehouse used to be the gateway but for some reason the Senate has become the replacement, not sure that's better either.

Calling back to my earlier posts, "where is the mentoring?" Rip on AOC all you want, but damn she had to forge her own pathway because dammit no one else is doing it on the Blue side. What rising stars are there besides Harris (and she's my age and we're no spring chickens)?

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Maybe AOC goes to the Senate? Schumer isn't a spring chicken, and she could land there for a term or two before making a run at POTUS.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Secretary of State and Governorships have been the historical path to the White House.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The last former SOS to become president was James Buchanan.

2muchcoffeeman and Justin_Rice like this.
  7. Justin_Rice

I denounce myself!

8. Justin_Rice

2muchcoffeeman and Fred siegle like this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

The angst about Biden is understandable, but what I don't get, as people try to decide who could succeed him, is what they've done with Harris. Why not put her out there more, as Obama did with Biden? Make her look presidential and take on big tasks. I just don't see her used in that way. Considering Biden's age and knowing how he was looked at as a Veep (which seemed to be pretty favorably), it's stunning that they haven't done that. Is there a reason? All keeping her silent has done is allow the right-wingers to control her narrative about who she is and what she's capable of.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My buddy never did sell lottery tickets at his stores. I don't know the full details, but it had something to do with the state training (kickback) that he said was required. He just didn't want to mess with it.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

We haven't heard a peep out of Harris. I would've liked to have seen her front and center after the Dobbs decision.

OscarMadison and Kato like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted