1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As far as "Russian collusion," of course, the fat load of lard committed the crime live on worldwide teevee

Trump asked Russians to get Clinton emails. They immediately started trying. | CNN Politics

Fuckin Obama, that very day, should have ordered Loretta Lynch to drag Fatfuck's ass to prison at gunpoint, with guards instructed to rubber-club him into a coma if he offered resistance, and immediately lodged charges of capital treason.

OscarMadison and heyabbott like this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In the mid 1980s, having blown out an ACL and scars from a fire covering the inside of your left shin meant you couldn’t enlist.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think that column is laughable.

Biden’s own left-leaning Democratic colleagues are furious at him. That’s what’s driving the polls.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is my belief that Biden's unpopularity, which is very similar to the unpopularity of most elected leaders of democratic countries, is due to the general trauma of the pandemic and most of all, the fact it's not over. Consciously or not, I think many voters chose Biden because of a belief that change would somehow end the pandemic. When that was kind of true, in the early vaccination era of 2021, he was popular. When that ended, with delta, omicron, and the insane decision of millions to not get vaccinated as proof of political tribal loyalty, his ratings dropped.

garrow, HanSenSE and tea and ease like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm sure I've told this before. The one thing I absolutely inherited from my dad is flat feet.
    He got drafted in 1961. He pointed out his flat feet. They said "get on the bus."
    I volunteered in 1988. They looked at my flat feet, and I had to fill about about two inches of paperwork for waivers, etc.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Shot: That campaign included months of harassment from Trump supporters at his home, where his daughter was sick with a terminal illness that she died from in January 2021.

Chaser: But prior to the hearing, he told the AP that he'd still support Trump in 2024 if he was the party's presidential nominee, saying Trump's tenure prior to the COVID-19 pandemic had been "so good for the country.

Definitely not a cult.

11. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

And I might add that he's in obvious dotage, and the dems aren't crowning a new leader. They should have trotted out a vibrant person to keep the vaccines going. Dem or GOP. Just keep driving it home. WE care!! Kamala is absent everywhere. She'll never get anywhere further than she has already. She's boring, basic, and without vision. She was a VP pick mistake. I've read what others have to say about Buttigieg and still think he's the guy.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I was under no illusions when I penned in the box next to Joe's name. Is he succeeding? No. If he were succeeding, would I be applauding his success? Likely as not, no.

But he ain't Trump.

sgreenwell and HC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted