1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What a lovely gift he gave the happy couple.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Profile in courage.
    What a klan.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He should not receive communion

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

This sounds remarkably close to a college experience of mine. Only mine ended with the guy (not the girl) calling me after I awkwardly begged out of the ambush (sorry….unexpected gathering) and wondering why I didn’t want to come back and talk about God some more with them.

OscarMadison and Machine Head like this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Some "journalists" are willing to do anything to advance their careers. Propagandists take advantage of weaknesses in any group--a nation, an institution, a profession etc. They cater to vices so intently that ppl begin to think their vices are virtues & to display them proudly.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The summer night is dark, its air stifling. Ominous sounds surround you. Omnipresent chirping. But it is not the sound of crickets. Something else rings in your ears, sending chills down your spine. A sound all-too-familiar and one you never wanted to hear again. But the noise is getting louder.

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And remember, if you ask him about it, you’re attacking his family. Or something.

Inky_Wretch and garrow like this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A long long time ago, before us elite Easterners even knew "evangelical" was a thing, I was in way north of San Francisco, California and met a girl I found quite attractive. She liked me, too, I thought, and things were going swimmingly (I thought) as we walked in beautiful countryside. Then she asked "Mike, where do you go to church?" Somewhat taken aback, I stupidly blurted out the truth. "I was baptized (knew to include that) and raised in the Episcopal Church." Been better off telling her I was a Wahhabi Muslim, at least then I'dve been a missionary prospect. Finished the walk alone.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

She was running off to hide her booze. :D

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

In junior hgh school a longtime childhood friend -- Jewish, short, awkward, ton of freckles, nicknamed Damien after The Exorcist -- came under the spell of a shiksa named Alex who quite meticulously and completely converted him to Catholicism. Can't truly call her a succubus as I don't believe she ever so much as held his hand. More like an evil witch who preyed on his teen insecurities in service to her church, the fuckers.

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted