1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I hope before sunrise on Nov. 9 (the day after midterms) there is the largest mobilization of unsealed indictments and arrest warrants in U.S. fed history.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

“The night is black, without a moon,
    The air is thick and still;
    The vigilantes gather on,
    The lonely torchlit hill …”

(sorry @Sam Mills 51 … had to do it)

X-Hack, OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

"Quick to judge
    Quick to anger
    Slow to understand
    Ignorance and prejudice
    And fear, walk hand in hand ... "

(No need to apologize. It could not be more fitting, ISC and garrow. Perfect.)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Well, since it's Poetry Night ...

"I see England, I see France,
    I see Fucko's underpants."

[​IMG]

:) :) :)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

In support of Laura Loomer.

Laura Loomer

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I hate you. Now I have that image burned into my eyes.

OscarMadison and Slacker like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I occasionally visited a C of C in Memphis because a good friend went there and she kept telling me how it saved her life, fed her soul, and all that. One of her cohort claimed to be an art major, yet I never saw her in any of the studio classes I took (we were the same year.) She stopped by my dorm room one time while I was putting together a portfolio for mid-term review. There were some undraped life studies. Her eyes widened.

"I'll have to talk to Ken about this. You know you don't have to take those classes."

I told her it was okay. My parents knew. In fact, my dad was a studio-trained artist, blah, blah, blah, compressed charcoal-cakes. She avoided me and let me know she was avoiding me until I talked to "Ken," their campus minister guy.

"Ken" is still important to me, not because he was "Ken, the campus ministry guy," but because this was the first time I'd ever sassed back at an elder, much less a member of the clergy.

You knew you were in trouble whenever anyone from that church cornered you on campus, moued, and said in a sad, sad voice, "Hey, Oscar! What's goin' on?" He did that and I was not in a position to steer clear and I'd been warned about chewing off limbs to escape. He went on to talk about the evils of life drawing and nekkid people in general. I was running late and not in the mood. So I told him I had a couple of questions.

"Do you pay my tuition?

"Do you fund my supplies?

"Does the bill for my dorm go to your house?"

"Then where do you get the idea you can dictate my education?"

They left me alone until I was about to transfer to another school and get my Bee in anth. "Ken" and his latest freshman chew toy asked me where I was going and why. I told them. They asked me what anthropology consisted of. I rattled off a list: Witches, quilts, haints, pickles, Voodou, evolution, and dead people.

That was all it took. Bye, bitches.

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted