1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

A lot of this due to how outspoken Adams has been and how he has made "crime" his signature issue. In terms of violent crime in general, there were also a number of really high profile incidents in subway stations and tourist areas, which makes people outside of crummy neighborhoods start thinking more about crime. ... even if they tend to overestimate the threat to themselves.

Put in any kind of context, shootings are probably a small fraction of what they were in the 80s and 90s. ... and we're probably nowhere near where we were even in the late 2000s after the financial crisis when crime ticked up.

But the crime levels had gotten so low before the pandemic, that the recent tick up has been really noticeable. Even if shootings are down from last year, there was such a big spike up during the pandemic and things remain elevated from where we were before the pandemic. ... that my sense is that we are trending in the wrong direction. And on the chance that economically we are heading back to something like the 1970s, this could actually be the beginning of something. But only time will tell on that one. ... and even if it is the case, Eric Adams and a goon squad of cops are not going to stop it from happening.

Azrael and Hermes like this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Psst....I'm a crazy person bent on revenge for no good reason. Pass it on.

[​IMG]

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm happy that I can't name but one or two of Biden's Cabinet members whereas I knew all of Trump's.
    Why?
    Because Biden's people do their jobs and don't get themselves in the news.

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Eric Trump’s bag

6A417C09-BDE0-4178-8B58-A5018E0FE26A.jpeg DD1D7413-E899-443F-87DA-CF6492BE2568.jpeg

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That and they're not being replaced by "interim" directors every few months.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That honestly might be the most effective use of that kind of money. It's been shown that corporate packs get up to 10x the return on their donations through tax breaks.

FileNotFound and OscarMadison like this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

One billion dollars in $100 bills would weigh about 22 pounds, a fact of which I'm sure Monkey Boy Mnuchin as well as Big Daddy Fatfuck are well aware.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Where are the crummy neighborhoods in Manhattan? And Brooklyn?

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted