1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Do they let you sit during service if they're wearing this?

Unless you've been to service you won't get this

Azrael likes this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Guy I grew up with married a gal of Lebanese heritage. I don't really know how it played out this way, but he'd apparently never gone to church with her. He pshawed my warnings to be ready for a seriously long wedding ceremony, but he was singing a different tune (3X each verse!) when he got back from the rehearsal.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

No, but you get to bat clean-up.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Gotta say the Byzantine rites / music used in the Eastern Orthodox churches and their many Eastern European affiliates - Ukrainian, Serbian, Estonian, etc., world without end - is lovely.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Agreed. My church job in Montreal was at a Lebanese Orthodox church and the music was always gorgeous.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If you're ever in NYC, there's a lovely little modernist Byzantine Orthodox Catholic church at the corner of 15th St and 2nd Ave. Great music, swell stained glass.

It's about a block catty corner to St. George's across Stuyvesant Square Park. That's JP Morgan's old church, and a real beauty, too. It has an excellent choir.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
    HC and OscarMadison like this.
  7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Psssst ... your opponent, a month or two removed from a fucking stroke, is killing you on the campaign trail.

dixiehack, HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

wicked and OscarMadison like this.
  10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Doubling down

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

At some point one of these meatbags calling for attacks on FBI and CIA agents (or their families ) is going to find out what "fuck around and find out" really means.

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted