1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I hate to credit Matt Drudge, but there it is.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The part I'm savoring is that, given the deference shown and the reluctance to prosecute a former President, if at any point Trump had simply given the documents back I doubt we'd have heard much about it. Hell, the FBI went in as low profile as possible, no jackets with FBI on the back in big yellow letters. Trump's press release was what broke the story big.

If he had done something other than stonewall the Archives and FBI three or four times, saying essentially "Fuck you, they're mine" he wouldn't be in this place. I don't think much of that can be put on his lawyers. Oh, they stink, but that's his fault too, and the best legal guns can't get Trump to act sensibly either.

Driftwood likes this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Union records another victory over the Confederacy.

garrow likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is America a third-world nation?

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Sacre Q!

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Fatfuck and any President have the authority to declassify documents -- when they're President. What they're also missing is that there has to be a paper trail informing the appropriate agency (FBI, CIA, DoD, State, Homeland Security and the branches of military) which documents are declassified, and the documents have to be stamped as de-classified indicating those measures have been taken.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Nice job asshole. Bet you've laid in a supply of bottled water at the governor's mansion.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I guarantee you the French reaction to this is, "So?"

I mean, the guy married his teacher, who he met when he was 15 and she was 39. This is public knowledge. Also, this is France. Macron's sous-chef probably has a mistress. If the pee tape were about him, the scandal in France would probably have been about what it did to the decor.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Was going to like this, but it is insulting to the Stooges.

Draft saved Draft deleted