1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

" ... and for the fact that she's fine."

When he's on he's on.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Who didn't see the line about the tan suit coming?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

FFS, everyone knows what Hillary has done. Good, bad, however you view it. It's mostly good IMO, and she has served the public tremendously well for decades.

I'm just tired. Of her. Like I tired of Trump long ago.

I'd be saying this if she were the most alpha male on the planet. It has nothing to do with gender.

You lost. I know it was one of the toughest losses to accept ever, because your campaign was quite underwhelming. But as Al Gore once said of Bush 41, it's time for you to go.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Its honestly the biggest reason she lost: we’re sick of her. She was front and center during her husband’s presidency, then pulled a Dr Oz and moved to New York and ran for a senate seat there, then ran for President (tossing in Reverend Wright and giving the growing right hatred some red meat for good measure) then ran again. Christ almighty, that’s 30 years.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I cast my first vote for Joe Biden in 1972. We have a lot of high-profile national pols of both parties who've been around as long as Hillary or even longer. She's far from the only one.

tea and ease and OscarMadison like this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was always surprised that she never really let the public "in." In 2016 she should have done one of those 60 minutes interviews where she's shown shopping for the grandkid, playing with the grandkid, working in a garden or some other hobby. Stuff that made her seem like a normal person and relateable. It's funny, because Bill was a master at that stuff, looking awkward jogging, hitting up a McDonalds (whether it was genuine or not - see the Astros anecdote up thread) it worked. And I still think she should have leaned into the "conspiracy theory" that she had people killed.

Baron Scicluna and OscarMadison like this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

She was on Howard Stern in 2019 and he talked about how he tried like hell to have her on during the 2016 campaign and her staff never replied.

9. DanOregon

Oh yeah, she had terrible staff - in '08 and '16. But when your closest confidant chooses to marry Anthony Weiner, yeah - bad instincts all around. Supposedly Mark Penn put her in pantsuits to "defeminize" her and make it easier to see her as President.

dixiehack and OscarMadison like this.
  10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

It's a very striking portrait that conveys strength and a degree of self-awareness. It's appropriate for her age and station in life. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about it.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Vote for me or I will have you killed? lol

12. DanOregon

I can understand her reluctance, given the Vince Foster stuff - not wanting to seem to be making a joke of it - but the "theory" really seemed to be something that irritated her - like mentioning Trump's hair or weight etc. Poke fun at the theory that she is "all powerful" - and that stuff goes away.

Draft saved Draft deleted