1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

My only question about Fetterman
    Is he going to wear the hoodie in the Senate?

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Fetterman's not out of the woods yet. He could very well spaz out in a debate that sways wary swing voters to Oz.

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Lest we forget the cash infusion into the race courtesy of the NRSC.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Judges and grudges

OscarMadison and matt_garth like this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

She said I like my Presidents who don’t lose elections.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This is the abject shittiness of Greg Abbott. ...About a week and a half ago, one of the buses, with 200 migrants, ended up in Brooklyn Heights. The migrants were tired and disoriented and holding letters saying that an office building on Joralemon Street was their new home. .. It was the home of Catholic Charities of Brooklyn and Queens.

The shitty thing about it is that the Catholic Charities WANTED to help the migrants, but they were completely blindsided; given no heads up that hundreds of people were going to show up on their doorstep. So they ended up having to scramble rather than them having been able to plan and try to make arrangements. And it was stressful for everyone involved, including the poor migrants.

You said you are always pretty proud of NYC. The volunteer effort that mobilized with no notice was pretty awesome and it's still ongoing. Some of those migrants have amazing stories. There was one woman who said she and her 10-year-old daughter had come from Venezuela and had trekked through the Panana jungle. I don't know why more people don't stop to consider just how bad things are where they are coming from if they are going to such lengths to come here and just how motivated people like them are going to be to make the best of any opportunity they can realize here. It's essentially the story of nearly all of our parents or grandparents or great grandparents.

Draft saved Draft deleted