1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and Slacker like this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8761E054-A02C-47E3-A370-BFE8A61E252F.jpeg I do not encourage or support violence to achieve political change.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Of everything has happened in the last few years. The resurgence of public homophobia is mind-boggling. Everyone knows a gay couple or a gay person or at this point in their lives. Everyone does. And yet these people feel like they can cast aspersions at the LBGTQ community

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It’s what they’ve always done. Except for a brief time between Obergefell and Trump’s imminent nomination. It’s who they are.

Mngwa likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

MAGA candidate with a big lead at this point

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Didn't realize he moved to Michigan - he'll be ready when Stabenow retires.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I didn’t realize South Bend was right on the state line.

11. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Since it is currently 50-50, can’t every 2022 race possibly determine control of the senate?

12. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Went to my town's Pride parade yesterday, and there were several churches (including my own UMC church) marching. I turned to my wife and said, "How do progressive Christians take this conversation back? Because they're out there and they're having an impact on their communities.

But, on the flip side, you have people pretending that their religious liberties are under attack because they have to ring up a box of condoms or fill a Rx for AIDS medication while at work at the drugstore or they don't want to provide health insurance that covers birth control because their church doesn't approve one a lifestyle. And they're being heard. Heard by someone like Samuel Alito, whose argument against gay marriage was that those who oppose it will be unfairly labeled as bigots. Well, Justice, you are a bigot.

But I don't know how the progressive churches give their version of Christianity a loud voice when they're competing not only against Catholics and the Mo. and Wis.-synod Lutherans but the mega, non-denominational evangelicals who believe getting rich and shitting on your neighbor is a Christian value.

Draft saved Draft deleted