1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Sep 5, 2022.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

What never gets talked about. These North Dakota State players (Wentz, Lance) play 75% of their college games indoors. NDSU is a dome, as is South Dakota, North Dakota, Northern Iowa. Get them in crappy weather and they’re no better than an arena QB.

playthrough likes this.
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I officiated a 31-14 High School game Friday night that was played better than PIT-CIN.

MileHigh and exmediahack like this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Wasn’t all on Lance but Lance has to wear his share of the loss. Overthrows. A few bad decisions.

But the defense played like crap when it mattered. That first touchdown should never have happened. It snowballed from there.

4. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

Aren’t the laces supposed to be out?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

TJ Watt reportedly has a torn pec, likely done for the year.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Wait. Now Wolfson is interviewing coaches in between quarters?
    Good Grief.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Patriots' inability to win in Miami, which predates Belichick even, continues. And they did not look good at all. One of those games where you think the trailing team only needs one big play to be right back in it, then said play never comes. Tough to run a long play-sequence offense with a shaky offensive line.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yes, that’s true. They gave up yardage in crucial situations. I wonder what Shanahan is going to do. Can he risk an 0-2 start by sticking with Lance?

Spartan Squad likes this.
  9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's too much deep thought for Week 1

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I have not been the most church-going, religious person, but I have to think the good Lord will grant me some blessings for having been a Falcons fan.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

There is absolutely not a chance in hell that Lance gets benched after that game.

Spartan Squad and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted