1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The connection is only vaguely political, but this is perhaps a potential danger of living in a country with a sheriff with a very “do what you want on your own land” attitude. An authoritarian right-wing governor more concerned with consolidating power that investigating embarrassing problems doesn’t help.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/09/15/oklahoma-murders-white-supremacists/

I used to live in this county and now live only a couple of miles in a county to the south, so this is a bit unsettling.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

"Your Covid response is not Be Best."

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

“I really don’t care, do u?”

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Liut likes this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Poppy is good.

Kaitlan has never smiled a day in her life.

Don Lemon is CNN's Maddow, full of breath and indignation, nonstop.

Liut likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Whether it legally can be classified or not, Dems should just start labeling DeSantis and Abbott as human traffickers in every statement and speech.

Play the GOP’s own game.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“Relocation program.”

Come on Dems, the ads just write themselves at this point.

WriteThinking likes this.
  9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

From Ashli's mom:

"It means a lot to me to know he's supporting the J6'ers," she said. "Don't forget that unarmed American citizens were murdered that day. They were beaten by the Capitol police that day."

The least surprising thing about this clown is she opted for a stupid spelling of her daughter's name.

Seriously, the idea that the Capitol police should be somehow held accountable for "beating" the protestors ransacking the US Capitol building is hard for me to process. How do you even talk about people whose brains have rotted so much? And there are 10s of millions of them in the country right now. We're fucked. One political party has gone down such a stupid path I'm just speechless.

10. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

My wife and I love watching "The First 48." Bar none, the craziest stories seem to come from the ones out of Tulsa.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Never understood why CNN never just grabbed Robin Meade from Headline News - she's been doing it for 20 years. Adopt a 30-minute "wheel" morning show model. Not sure who CNN's "target viewer" is. The families with young kids getting ready for school? The pre-family professional? The empty-nesters? The retirees? The business traveller?

OscarMadison and dixiehack like this.
  12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

When I was in the business and not yet married, I lived with a couple of buddies who worked normal day jobs. A friend of ours was crashing on our couch while looking for a place, and he used to get the 5 for $5 every day, bring it back to our house, and share one with me. It got to the point where he'd hear me walking down the stairs and could hit me in the hands without even looking.

Justin_Rice likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted