1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

maumann and heyabbott like this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Got my ballot several days ago. Filled it out last night and dropped if off this morning at a convenient drop box located about 1/2 mile from my house.

Any politician against VBM is a fucknugget who is actively trying to thwart democracy and selling his constituents a bag of nonsense.

I Should Coco, HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Kari Lake said: “When I was growing up, we had Election Day. It wasn’t Election Week or Election Month or Election Season.”
    I voted today
    Early voting ROCKS!!!
    Fuck Kari Lake

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

What needs to be done is ANNOUNCE early voting results the second the polls close. You can label it "100%EV, 0% precincts reporting" on the little graphjc if you want. Otherwise you just fuel the conspiracy theory that they're "waiting to see how many votes they need" before announcing the results.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Depending on the state, that is not allowed. Some states banned it precisely so they could have a vacuum to allow doubts and conspiracies to grow.

7. micropolitan guy

Our ballots used to have to handed in by 8 p.m. on election day. You were told, don't mail them less than a week before election day because they might not arrive in time, and if they didn't, they would not be counted. I was fine with this.

They changed the law that now any ballot mailed up to and on election day would be counted, no matter when it arrives at the courthouse. So now we'll have ballots trickling in for a week afterward, screwing up the count if it's a close election and allowing doubt and conspiracy theory to grow.

8. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

If they would make election day a Federal Holiday and shut everything down like Christmas, a single day would work. But they have made it impossible for everyone to get to a polling place. WHICH IS WHAT THEY WANT!

9. micropolitan guy

FTFY

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Got mine last week. I'll fill it out in the coming days and also drop it off at a box nearby. And I get email alerts when it was mailed, that they received it and that it was accepted to be counted, as in, the signature matches.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Ours is still received by 7 p.m. Postmarks don't count, the ballot has to be in the clerk's possession to be counted at 7 p.m. I much prefer that situation.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Kari Lake hasn’t used a public drinking fountain since 1956

Draft saved Draft deleted