1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I have a strong feeling that Fetterman is going to lose today. It is still Pennsyltucky.

At least Mastriano will go away.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Just voted. No time for Chicken Littles today. Even if you end up being right, I don’t need your premeditated misery.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, people said the sky wasn't falling when Trump started making inroads on Election Day 2016.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My longstanding tradition has been to write in for the offices where Republicans have been unopposed. But I’m so tired of the Alabama Democratic Party never being able to change its own diaper. I will do a write-in for the governor’s race, because the woman who got the D line is a religious nutcase (and also spent something like $10k on the whole election.) Maybe I’ll vote Libertarian in some of the races where they are the only ones running against a statewide Republican. If they can pull 20 percent in a statewide race, they automatically make the ballot next cycle without having to petition their way on.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I did a bunch of write ins this year. It was the first time I have ever written in names, but there are no good whacky third parties on the ballot anymore.

It was particularly fun for Congress. I won't say who I wrote in, but I know he lives in my district and I actually think he would be a great Congressman.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Don't insult White Castle like that.

At least when you, um, dump the remains of a White Castle experience, it's usually done.

The other leaves a stain that may never go away in this country.

matt_garth, garrow and I Should Coco like this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Voted a week ago. And given where I did, any Republican who claims that early voting didn't matter wasn't where I was.

They can jam their voter suppression crap. With any luck, enough of them will go away to reverse much of that damage ... and goodness know how much else they've gleefully destroyed.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Exact same thing for me.

At least I got to take my daughter, who still gets very excited to help me fill out my ballot and get her sticker. She even said, “Only ONE dot?!”

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tommy should have published this before election day.

WriteThinking likes this.
  10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm jealous of all you fuckers with only 1 to 5 votes to cast. My ballot was 93 races, IIRC. Cast my ballot Friday at work during company time at least.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Imagine all the money being spentth on this election - $18 BILLION - being spent on addressing the problems they are all talking about instead of just being used to allow them to talk about the problems.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I only had six races and one item in my ballot. All but the gov race are competitive.

Draft saved Draft deleted