1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

As a proud graduate of Michigan State, I am happy on this day to say: “Let’s go Blue.”

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing, Inky. Tommy Tomlinson is ridiculously talented. The only thing that surpasses it is how decent and completely down-to-earth he is. The humility he voices in his writing is Tommy.

Of course, when it is mentioned that Herschel went to the USFL, is it wrong to mention what team and its "owner" paid him a lot of money?

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Thank god it's over. If I have to see one more ad for Chris Pappas, Don Bolduc or Maggie Hassan, I'm throwing my TV out the window.

Regan advised us not to be Chicken Littles. Fine. It'd be nice if the party put Democrats in a position where we weren't always on the defensive. I get that Josh Shapiro's had an easy campaign. I also wish we had more candidates like him — he's experienced, he knows who he is, he isn't flailing around trying to come up with the perfect answer to an imperfect question. This is where a 50-state strategy would pay off. You wouldn't be running candidates who are inexperienced and just trying to tick certain boxes because AOC thinks this way or Pelosi wants that.

Slacker likes this.
  4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Let’s stick to the important stuff: Who’s ordering the pizza?

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I voted by mail about two weeks ago. I guess I’ve gone from tolerating cheating to actively participating in it. ;)

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Prop 5 -- codifying abortion in the Vermont constitution -- is the big one.

And not only is Becca Balint the first women in Vermont history to go to D.C. but she's a married lesbian with kids.

Gov. Scott will win his 4th term in an even bigger landslide than '20. Dems here love Uncle Phil.

sj.jpg

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

We're on the permanent absentee list here in Virginia. Ballots came in the mail automatically, then I took our ballots to the voter registrar drop-in box a couple of weeks ago. Had a bunch of campaign-types outside the office passing out literature to people going inside to vote. Dropped our envelopes in the slot with no Arizona-type jackasses around and went on my way. One house of representative election on the ballot, plus city council and school board.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Just something besides mushroom. One night, the newsroom had a run on those. Plenty of fungus among us.

HanSenSE and UPChip like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Do newsrooms still do the pizza thing with deadlines being so early? An Oregon TV station ordered pizza for election night - it was delivered last Thursday. Hoping it was the pizzeria;s screwup. And I wonder just how many pizzas it takes to feed a newsroom these days. Two? Three? And all that grease on the keyboards? The managers standing around like they're doing something? The fudging of the headlines to cover asses? Gosh I miss it.

OscarMadison and dixiehack like this.
  10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

On a flight, eventually ending up in Mobile. I was literally the only person in the terminal at RIC with a voter sticker. Either everyone voted early or no one did. Ha.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was doing some election stuff last week, a campus group needed some t-shirts dropped off and I gave them three big boxes. They thanked me. Then I asked them if they wanted a roll of "I voted" stickers and they totally freaked out. OMG! stickers!!!!

OscarMadison, sgreenwell and maumann like this.
  12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

At least one newsroom still does. We’ll push back the deadline to 10 p.m. tonight to get a list of results and basic stories on key local races into Wednesday’s paper.

Old traditions (and print edition readers) die hard.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted