1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I am drinking.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Because he wanted to be left alone? I don't know. Just wondering if he thought he could do comparably, financially speaking, as a maverick and if accepting wads of DNC cash would leave him vulnerable to attacks, etc.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

It probably will. I hope it won't, but it probably will.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You’re not gonna win anything with people like Beto O’Rourke. You’re just going to feel good about not voting for a dirtbag. It’s like my liberal friends in Pennsylvania who looked at Fetterman and said, “oh but he has skeletons and he pulled a gun on…” Hey dickheads, we running campaigns or piety contests?

wicked likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I've said this before, but DeSantis would be smart to see if he could do some discreet cooperation with the Feds if he's got anything on Florida resident Trump.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Am I missing something here? I know the Trumpists aspire to take POTUS elections out of the hands of the voters and put them in the hands of their state legislatures in the SEC and other locales, but I didn't know they had expanded the Senate to 101 seats.

Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 11.13.00 PM.png

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

That would never come out.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

When I was a weekly sports editor, there was a high school kid whom I hired to cover high school basketball. Tonight, he got elected as a state representative.

Twirling Time, maumann and HanSenSE like this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Big sads for the NY Post. Hochul kicks the shit out of trumper insurrection enthusiast Lee Zeldin.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh, like there aren't a million skeevy characters and richo slime ball go-betweens in Tallahassee who could do it and give DeSantis plausible deniability. Hell, a round of drinks in Palm Beach's cop bar might all the DOJ needs. Forget DeSantis.

maumann likes this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Dems might kick themselves over North Carolina. Gotta start giving up on Florida and Ohio and put more effort in there. Beasley, an excellent candidate, falls a bit short.

12. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

No, he didn't get his "ass kicked."

He's losing roughly 53-47 with about 90 percent in.

You know what's an ass kicking? DeWine won reelection over Dem. challenger roughly 63-37. Republican attorney general and SOS are up 60-40. All Republican supreme court justices up at least 57-43.

He gave a hell of an effort and could have won. Monday morning QB'ing can wait until tomorrow.

Oh, and saying Brown is in trouble at this point is too much. He won in 2018 (post-Trump) when Republicans swept every other statewide election.

garrow and Hermes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted