1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Put up or shut up, shitheads.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

But look at which areas are still outstanding. It's on track for the GOP to get a narrow lead. I mean, much of the unexpected Red Wave in 2018 came thanks to Orange County in California flipping blue. This time, six of 18 the uncalled House races have GOP incumbents (one of which is losing) and one of the remaining 12 is Dem on Dem. New Mexico's uncalled race is trending Democrat. Boehbert is losing, but it isn't guaranteed. So it's a much different landscape from four years ago.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This + angry women + Black voters. If the young people continue to say "Oh, hell no, I'm not sitting still for you assholes leaving us holding the shitty end of the stick" the R's have trouble for years to come.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Arizona and Nevada in particular worry me, and to a lesser degree the Oregon governor’s race.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

We have a metaphor winner (starts at 34:12):

6. dixiehack

The online Americana station I listen to repeated this ancient PSA just now. Seems appropriate as anything else.

garrow likes this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Arizona...governor's race? Masters isn't winning Arizona for Senate. Lake could win.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Fair. Locally it is going to matter to certain areas. Big picture, I think we're not going to see the wave that some predicted.

dixiehack likes this.
  9. dixiehack

It’s fair to say we are within the upper bounds of what Democrats could have hoped for. But if Republicans get that 51st seat, that’s the scoreboard people will remember. I will say the margin in Arizona (90k votes) looks better for Kelly than what I remember earlier. But that margin only goes down from here.

Also, if people’s personal money situation is OK (even with the larger economy in trouble) they will put up with quite a bit from an incumbent. Makes the Don’s loss in 2020 all the more notable.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

maybe with the exception of Ivanka, it’s not a question of if you will get thrown under the bus, but when.

Draft saved Draft deleted