1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Two words "hanging chad". :)

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How long before Trump asks the subhumans at one of his klan rallies to use "God-given Second Amendment rights" to take out DeathSentence?

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Not my pig, not my farm.

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  4. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Everyone bitching about Arizona ballots ought to read this thread:

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One thing I want to add about vote counting. There are really really long counts in many races in every election. People don't notice because most of those races aren't close and therefore people know who won. So they don't get upset. It's really all about impatience. I get that, it's very frustrating to wait. But especially in close elections, it's 1000 times more important that all votes get counted than how fast the winner is known.;

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Robert Reich’s Tweet could’ve been a letter to the editor in a newspaper in 1967. About the generation that gave us Donald Trump.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Also on this list:
    "Texas is gradually turning blue."
    "North Carolina is becoming progressive because it has traded textiles and tobacco for biotech and banking."

Nothing changes long-term because people get old. And when they get old, they are disproportionately likely to get angry and mean. There's a political party for the angry, old and mean, and it has Old in its nickname.

wicked, TowelWaver and Driftwood like this.
  9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

You wouldn’t know pork or a farm if either slapped you upside the head.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’m not saying you cannot have progressive movements. I am saying relying on demographics to be the main driver of it is lazy and ineffective. See: the Democrats 2008-2016.

wicked likes this.
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Didn't that generation also give us Obama? And every presidential election since 1992, except one, in which the Democrats have received a majority of votes?

qtlaw, Spartan Squad and TigerVols like this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The point is, a generation’s beliefs at age 18 does not lock them into a position for the next 60 years.

Draft saved Draft deleted