1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

2. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You know what? This was a heartless, foolish post by me and I apologize for it. Gannett undoubtedly has many employees who are doing their best to put food on the table for their families against odds that are tough and probably getting tougher. I'd delete it but I'd rather just own up to it.

dixiehack, swingline, wicked and 7 others like this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I assume someone is investigating how it might be beneficial to Musk if Twitter dies? His every move seems geared toward that.

Will it be gone by 2023?

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Neither is Abe Vigoda.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Don’t uncross him off then.

7. Baron Scicluna

Elon’s doing more initiatives in two weeks than Gannett does in two months. Both of which are pure desperation.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I always scratch my head when people say things like this. I don't mean to pile on you in particular, but there have been a few comments like this on here.

He personally coughed up about $27 billion in cash to buy the company. It is real money. He has another $13 billion in loans that are backed by his own Tesla stock, so if he defaults on those loans they can force him to sell his stock to pay them back.

What is the possible scenario you can think of that can make it beneficial in any way to him for the company to go bankrupt?

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Re Musk's business sense as to social media, I'll just repost this every few pages

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm still in the business and have been beaten down the past dozen-plus years. But I'm on a four-day schedule now, and damn if I don't feel rejuvenated. The day they take this schedule away . . . is the day I retire.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. Or ego.

Draft saved Draft deleted