1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ON THE ROAD

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jan 4, 2005.

1. LaryBump

LaryBump New Member

Re: NYC

If you haven't been to any of the Rosa Mexicano restaurants, I say go there (and take a credit card with a balance remaining). I personally can recommend the one on First Ave. near 62nd St. They make the guacamole tableside while you're sipping on their pomegranate margaritas. I saw a review that called Rosa Mexicano the best Mexican restaurants north of San Antonio. And don't get me started on the restaurants in San Antonio.

2. area313code

area313code Member

Jerry's Deli... LA. I live about 14 miles from it. But I find myself there more and more...

3. Triumph brew pub right on Nassau Street is recommended

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

If anybody's out in D.C./Northern Virginia, some friends and I went to Cafe Asia in Rosslyn, and it was outstanding. Good sushi, plus a sort of pan-Asian cuisine, anything from Thai to Japanese to Chinese food.

5. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I found out the other night that my wife - assuming she doesn't change jobs - will have her retreat in Mesquite, Nev. in August. Any suggestions?

I suppose I could take in the Long Drive Championships. And it doesn't look like there are any roads to the Nevada-Utah-Arizona tri-point [/map geekiness]. So I'm game for whatever you've got.

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Ice water. Lots, and lots of ice water.

Las Vegas is only an hour or so down the road. That's where I'd head.

7. johndoe

johndoe New Member

I'm heading to Knoxville for the first time this weekend. Can anyone recommend a hotel close to the UT basketball arena? Also, any restaurants and/or sites I should visit while I'm there? Thanks in advance for the help. I appreciate it.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

There is a Marriott under 2 miles away from UT that's not bad.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Bart Simpson hihly recomends the Sunsphere. :p

Try Copper Cellar on Cumberland (the main drag near campus) or Calhouns next to the stadium (and right on the river) for ribs.

10. Needles

Needles Member

Heading to Raleigh, N.C., on assignment in two weeks, and I'll probably head down to Fayetteville, where my cousin lives. Any recommendations?

needles

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

good place, my cousin went to Princeton and my uncle would bring back a
    few cases when he went to visit. if you're in Princeton for a weekend drive to
    Phila one of the days.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

my stupidity, should've checked the date. i'm guessing you already
    went there. jadwin is a nice place for a game, but this might be
    one of princeton's worst teams ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted