1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

etc

garrow and Patchen like this.
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Azrael likes this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Anyone think, given the way he's been lashing out at GOP leadership, he announces he's runing as an indie?

Liut likes this.
  6. The Big Ragu

OK, I just clicked on those links. ... First off, Johnston said that he found that nearly $1.7 billion in revenue flowed through him and his organizations. Revenues aren't profits (what made implied in that first headline). And he lumped in political fundraising Trump did (for example, $500 million on the Stop the Steal nonsense), so yeah.

I'd caution that if you want to stretch it, you could put a number (obviously not nearly as high) on how much Obama or Bush benefited financially from the presidency.

Fred siegle and Liut like this.
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

So Christmas actually does come before Thanksgiving this year.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

CNN reporting trump will announce today.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That number makes no sense. I will say two things though: 1) the whole Drain the Swamp thing is pure BS when you look how Trump personally profited from foreign countries and his domestic sycophants staying at the DC hotel and holding events in Florida at his properties to curry favor. 2) Trump only golfing/going on vacation at his properties lined his pockets with each and every round. He could have said that the Secret Service wouldn’t be charged a dime but instead they made sure that the spigot never turned off.

10. The Big Ragu

Out of all the stupidity of the American people that has made me want to pull out what little hair I have left, the idea that one of the most transparent grifters and bullshit artists of our lifetime was going to "drain the swamp" felt like it had come straight out of a Lewis Carroll story. It's right up there with the notion of a jerkoff who had disdain for the typical person who now supports him being one of them.

sgreenwell, SFIND, garrow and 5 others like this.
  11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Aside from the overheads associated with the properties, what would have been his costs?

12. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Trump doesn't have allies, foreign or domestic. He has business partners, and the second they're of no use to him, they're enemies

Slacker and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted