1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

I stand by my theory (conspiracy theory?) that Trump did steal the election in 2016 with the help of foreign actors. Woohoo! It worked. Then he was assured by those same foreign actors he would win the 2020 election, using the same playbook, stating the number of votes needed to win, while underestimating the true American will to fight back. So he lost by way more than anticipated. Or reported. I think it was Jared who figured the win to electoral votes in Trump's first election. Excellent mathematics on Jared's part.

The electoral college needs to go. As well as foreign money.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Foreign money can't be banned as long as dark money is allowed.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Like every business partner he ever had, Trump fucked these guys over, too. We just don't know how he fucked them over.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the electoral college will never been abolished. The GOP will fight it with everything it has because it can read the tea leaves and knows it will be very difficult, if not impossible, to ever win the popular vote again. Never mind all the valid reasons to get rid of it.

The Citizens United decision will be the end of democracy. No one in congress, D or R, is ever going to vote to outlaw dark money because they or their party all get so much of it. Fuck John Roberts.

Driftwood likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

The Citizens United decision will be the end of democracy. No one in congress, D or R, is ever going to vote to outlaw dark money because they or their party all get so much of it. Fuck John Roberts.[/QUOTE]

I'm in over my head because I have no idea what "dark money" means. But thanks for playing along to my naivity.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

AP and CBS call the House for the GOP at 218. Looks like one of the Cali districts went red.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It looks like one of the districts north of LA and (edit) just south of Bakersfield. Not shocking it went red.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Joe Biden might want to tap a couple marginal-seat Republicans on the shoulder and offer them cozy ambassadorships. Alternately I wonder if the Dem leadership would have Daschle’s foresight and try to pull a few moderate Rs into the fold. I don’t see either working, but you need to open up the toolbox.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted