1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yes. The deplorables would.

Liut and garrow like this.
  2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    garrow and TowelWaver like this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Ford pardoned Nixon "for the good of the nation?"

OK_Jan.gif

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

At least Geraldo is acknowledging there are/will be crimes that need to be pardoned. We can't even get the DOJ to do that. Just more investigations that will be spun into exonerations.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Maher closed out his season in top form ...

“Let's give thanks this year to Donald Trump and all the loons, Karens, Kool-Aid drinkers, D-list celebrities and weirdos he put up for office who scared some sense into America on election day!”

Maybe his best point, though, was a reminder that the crazed extremists on both sides make up only 7 or 8 percent of their respective parties, and yet they get 90 percent of the media attention: “Why are we letting 15 percent of the population make us all miserable? It's like we’re letting the crying baby fly the plane!”

upload_2022-11-19_18-10-21.jpeg

maumann likes this.
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

My bad. I should have specified people with working frontal lobes.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    Tarheel316 likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hey, I got polled today! Quinnipiac. The usual stuff, age, economic status, race, did I approve of Biden, Trump, DeSantis, etc. Asked me who I voted for in 2020, but not, oddly at least to me, how I voted in the election that was, you know, two weeks ago. I wouldn't answer some questions, like what I thought was the most important issue from the usual laundry list. They're all important. So I boosted some poor caller's response rate to like .002 percent for the week.

8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a college coach I had to deal with … remember what dogs do to polls.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Someone got hit in the head with too many chairs from neo-Nazis.

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Yay?...Yay!! I hope so. Seriously. :) And I'm all for minimizing Trump and his existence on this board, or anywhere else on social media.

I'll admit, I'm in the midst of Trump fatigue, or something. Just so tired of the divisiveness, and the stupidity and lack of knowledge or understanding of what's been going on the past few years by Trump-eters. In fact, just a couple hours ago, I was caught in a loud argument/yelling match with a Trump-supporting brother of mine who has no idea what impeachment is, or what it means, or how it works, and insists Trump was never impeached because of the fact that he was not put out of office by it. These people are just yell-ers and reactionaries who have no understanding of government, and no idea of what Trump has actually done wrong, even more recently and without even considering the impeachable acts, and they refuse to understand why anyone else might not want the former President to be President again.

My family has literally been split down the middle of ourselves in terms of numbers of Trump haters and Trump fans over the last few years, and it has been awful. We've reached the point where we, pretty much, just try not to talk politics, or, more recently, the mid-term election, at all, because the Trumpers had no understanding of just why it was all so important.

We have a large percentage of ignorant, uninformed, uneducated people/voters in the country who are like this, and THAT is/has been the problem -- not so much whether they are Democrats or Republicans, per se.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Geraldo is the type who needs a line or two drawn for him.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Trumps currant, soon-to-be-fired, and future lawyers are so excited about this.

Draft saved Draft deleted