1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This week's bizarre high school football score

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 4, 2018.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Not the lower level ones.

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

How many of you who sit and judge me have walked the football fields near Bakersfield?

3. MileHigh

They should have moved the game to Trona.

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

One of the sad revelations of the Ken Burns Country Music series — Dwight Yoakum is getting old

maumann likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This was an amazing game. When his team had the ball, it was pouring. But it let up as soon as the other team touched the ball!

6. MileHigh

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Batman likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not using a shot clock nowadays is ridiculous. Yet I see only nine states use the shot clock.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Check out Penn state-Lehigh Valley womens' scores.

10. MileHigh

My girls varsity game last night was 68-0 at halftime, it got to 86-0 and finished 95-10.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

When I was in law school, we had a dominant intramural team and won the grad school league second and third years undefeated. Third year, we play a team and after we score the first basket, they held the ball for the entire first half before missing a shot a the buzzer. We didn’t have to play any defense until the last 10 seconds. Score is 2-0.

Second half, they get the ball first and started to do the same thing. We decide to press them hard because we figured that we didn’t want to wait for them to take a shot at the buzzer to tie or win. We got a couple of turnovers and eventually scored a second basket to go up 4-0, at which point they had to actually play. Game was a blowout but respect for the strategy.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You still need to guard somebody and either force a 5-second call or a mistake in 7 minutes and 50 seconds. Most teams aren't Dean Smith running the Four Corners flawlessly (which largely was neutralized when teams started fouling).

fossywriter8 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted