1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

matt_garth likes this.
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

By being a party of such horrible governance that for a seat that was held by a Democrat prior to Santos being elected, in a district that had voted overwhelmingly for Biden, the people who had had enough of that leadership would now rather vote for a nothing person who it turns out is charlatan than vote for another Democrat?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

So it goes. The "Horrible GOP Wins But At Least I'm a Better Person" approach is fine. I think there's a limit to it, and I figured people saw the cost of that when Trump was elected and created a Supreme Court that overturned Roe v. Wade. But I'm not sure the lesson was much learned.

TigerVols likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I love how these morons think looking like Homelander is a good thing. I just wonder if they haven't actually seen The Boys, or they have and that just shows us their ideals. Homelander is a murderous, infantile psychopath. He's also a racist, sexist bully who fell in love with a literal Nazi, so I can see why President Trump and his followers might like him.

2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There is only so much you can do about the stupidity of others.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Please list the politicians in the U.S. who have reached Big Ragu’s standard of leadership over the last 10 years.

I’ll wait.

7. The Big Ragu

How'd the Democrats let it get to this!?!?!?

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I voted for a Republican for governor in my own state because he’s responsible. I’m fully in favor of normalizing politics again between sane actors. I don’t know what more you want me to do in the face of people storming the Capitol, though?

My three-year old knocked over our Christmas tree last night. I could sit there and blame myself and my parenting skills. Sure. But I’m not going to let my son keep running around unpunished.

Donald Trump incited insurrection in this country and your response is…forget it, be better. You’ve mocked the idea of the republic being threatened by those acts. I won’t forgive treason. I will agree we need to shelve a lot of partisan issues on both sides just to spray some PB Blaster on the rusted wheels of our democracy. Just basic governance. I blame Democrats equally on that issue. I won’t do it when it comes to Trumpism as a revolutionary movement. It’s dangerous. Just like all the antebellum acts of the south were dangerous in the lead up to the Civil War. We’ve had our Sumner being beaten with a cane moment, metaphorically. That is not the fault of the Democrats.

It is very important moving forward that Democrats do not cede that point in any reconciliation.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If we allowed every instance of mere incompetent governance to be met with fraudsters and the collapse of trust in government, our form of government would’ve been quite short-lived.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

How do you think Joe Biden got elected? THAT was the moderating of the party. Do you think Democrats were pining for a 78-year old Joe Biden to take over the party before Trump was elected?

The Democrats were on a far left course that got bumped to the center and you completely ignored it for the convenience of your worldview that the cool kids are ruining everything.

Did we have to go nominate Mitt Romney to make you happy? Jesus. Speaking of which, we can’t nominate him or any of his followers either because we’re godless heathens.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
  11. The Big Ragu

This is why I personally never vote for people I think are fraudsters.

Woody Long and Hermes like this.
  12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Weren't the bounderies of that district changed in the NYS redistricting?

Draft saved Draft deleted