1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Hoo boy when Butthead (R-Florida) roasts you harder than the Democrats ever would

maumann likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Unless some Republicans (and I should say Democrats too) turn coat, this will go to a third vote

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Going to a third ballot
    We could use refreshments

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Another wild thought: If this goes on long enough, will there be a draft Pelosi movement?

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

6. Spartan Squad

No. Democrats need to sit back and let Republicans eat themselves alive. No need to unite the GOP in stopping Pelosi

wicked, SFIND and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The most important point the Democrats need to make here is that everything that happens is on the Republicans and they themselves have nothing to do with it. Just keep on voting for Jeffries and let the good times roll.

2muchcoffeeman, garrow, SFIND and 3 others like this.
  9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The most amusing thing about this is how the whackos who hate McCarthy (and everything else) don't actually have their own solution. It's like giving two-year-olds a choice of what to wear and then expecting them to put on pants by themselves.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
    CD Boogie, Webster, dixiehack and 7 others like this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

11. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

My Reasonable-in-Real-Life but Full-MAGA-Online-for-the-Last-Six-Years acquaintance is ripping the 19 republicans for voting against McCarthy, focusing his Twitter rage on Gaetz, in particular. He also blasted McConnell online last week for allowing the spending bill to pass, tweeting to his 149 followers that "we'll all be watching, Mitch!!"

So, yes, I agree it's like 2-year-olds who don't have any clue what they really want.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I will never stop being angry over the fact so many people on the floor of the House right now supported and even participated in overthrowing the government. And all of this is going on like that didn't happen. No consequences. No accountability.

As a procedural exercise, taking away the politics/treason of some key GOP players, I find this stuff fascinating. Especially since this particular situation hasn't come up in 100 years.

Draft saved Draft deleted