1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I realize it is a lavish ask for a web site that likely leaks money like the oil pan of a 74 Town Car, but it would be nice to be able to Button certain posters on a single thread only.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Disapproves.

[​IMG]

Hermes and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

qtlaw and garrow like this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Are we all ready for Day 2 of Full of it House? It's early for popcorn, but I'm more than willing to make some if things remain crazy-go-nuts in DC.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The latest skinny is that the Republicans are going to make a motion to adjourn as soon as the House-in-waiting meets today. Democrats are going to vote "no." Unclear if the Kevin-must-die caucus will vote yea or nay.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. dixiehack

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

None of them? o_O

Of course, the word goes a bit far for most of them, but I understand where it comes from. You have people who voted for Donald Trump, who incited an assault on Congress, and they still support the party that is still shackled by his influence. This is the party that isn't even waiting to get a Speaker of the House in place to dismantle the safeguards in the House of Representatives, whether they be ethical ones or more physical ones like metal detectors.

Seriously, a mob attacked and briefly took over the building two years ago and these idiots think less security in the building is the way to go? Are they complicit in such efforts, incredibly stupid or both?

SFIND, HanSenSE, qtlaw and 3 others like this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Presumably BTE means there are no fascists on this message board.

Fred siegle and BTExpress like this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maybe, but he was responding to my post that referred to a group that absolutely reads this board but does not post here.

10. dixiehack

Amazingly, my friend in high school who loved to throw out “fascist” most frequently as an insult to overbearing, authoritarian types wound up being a mid-level Trump appointee.

11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

No one cares

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Had a WWE level storyline cross through my head and I wish more than anything it would happen: Kevin makes an unholy alliance with the Democrats and his strongest supporters to make him speaker. Kevin gets in a room with Jeffries, Pelosi and a few Republicans who hate the MAGA crowd. He says, look, this needs to end. In any other cycle, I would be speaker and we’d get to work. You support me being speaker and whip enough votes to cover me. In exchange, I reopen the Jan. 6 committee. We actively investigate Gaetz, Boebert and others. We expel them from Congress. We keep Jordan because he’s missed the ring but we get dirt on him to hold him in check. I also denounce Trump. And we get back to business. Normal give and take.

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted