1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ohio Speaker of the House was an even bigger cluster.

Some nutball thought he had it all sewn up. He's one of those anti-gay bigots. Trying to change the constitution to make it harder for the people to get something voted into law. You know the drill.

Well, the guy who writes the blog The Rooster that posted the pic of Urban Meyer getting handsy at the bar last year put up a picture of one of the nutball's fellow reps giving him what looked like a bit of a backrub shirtless at some pool. Apparently the nutball had been pissing off plenty of powerful Republicans, so a faction turned against him, teamed with some Dems, and voted some more benign goof as Ohio Speaker.

Many of the Republicans are PISSED. They thought they had their shoe-in to control everything they wanted in Ohio. The Rooster guy went to the Statehouse afterword and basically gloated at everyone who lost. He's living it up on Twitter.

Hermes likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Is McCarthy’s stuff still in the speaker’s office?

E7718A7E-64F5-4FD9-86F3-AFEF087F27DA.jpeg

maumann and garrow like this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jill Krowinski was re-elected Vermont Speaker of the House with a near-unanimous voice vote.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Speaker of the People’s House

[​IMG]

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And we are through five on the House vote. Time to drag the infield!

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

ThE oPeN bOrDeR iS pOiSoNiNg PeOpLe

But we’re not here to be critics …

Irony is lost on the GOP

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, I couldn't care less about whatever policy they're spouting. None of this matters. This House will pass nothing that isn't naming post offices and shit.

HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Our house it has a crowd
    There's always something happening
    And it's usually quite loud

maumann likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Mister Speaker" sounds like some Fisher-Price toy. If it existed, it would be preferable to any of these right-wing assclowns.

HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease Baby Jesus let this happen. It’s my only prayer for 2023, I hope.

I would think Clyburn is floating a trial balloon. I can’t see it happening, but you never know.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’d never heard more than a sound bite from Scott Perry before a few minutes ago. I’ve read many of his moronic quotes of course.

But wow: what a lying, sniveling, jackass.

There are few things more transparently stupid than comparing today’s Republican Party with the party of Lincoln. Does anyone actually still believe that crap?

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted