1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Said a guy who was never a CIA analyst.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What's more terrifying - an antiquated system - or a dreaded "upgrade." #newsroom memories.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One thing I learned today is that some, perhaps many, classified government documents have a shelf life. Either they come with a specific expiration date, or they're about things like preparations for official travel or diplomatic meetings or the like that are obviously moot after those events take place. I wonder how many of the documents in Trump and Biden's cases fit that bill?

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

"Run government like a business!"

George Santos would have been fired by now by most employers - but not from Congress.

Smallpotatoes and garrow like this.
  8. Neutral Corner

9. Neutral Corner

The maximum fine allowable under the law was sentenced, but it was laughably small against a billion dollar company for a decade + long fraud. Bragg says that he will lobby the NY lege to change the law to institute a fine structure more appropriate to modern corporations.

He may also use this to attempt to prosecute Trump himself, but I'll believe that when I see a conviction.

It is still the only time I know of an ex-President being convicted of a crime.

Trump Organization Ordered to Pay Maximum Penalty of $1.6M for Fraud

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Yellen says the debt ceiling will be hit next week. Lovely.

11. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Just remember, the more we cut taxes on the wealthy, the more it will all trickle down!

Tarheel316 and HanSenSE like this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

When the Trump tax cuts came along, I think I got an extra $50/week. I'd give that money back in a second if we could have roads that weren't filled with potholes and a transit system that was, once again, "rapid."

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted