1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Would you like to ride in my Chinese spy balloon….”

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

This is who shot it down

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No way in hell, the inert nets screechosphere has been buzzing the last three days about how big bad mucho macho big daddy Fatfuck would have shot it down in 15 minutes.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You mean the same mucho macho daddy fatfuck who has business dealings with China? And has a daughter he wants to bang that has chinese trademarks? Yeah, he wasn’t gonna do anything either.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I know this record will probably be broken next week, but the balloon freak-out is the very stupidest political/cable news freakout of my lifetime. And the people freaking out about the balloon would've been the ones freaking out 100 times more if it had been shot down over Montana and sent some unsuspecting rancher to join the ghost riders in the sky when hardware fell on his head.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Before or after he saved the kids at MSD?

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

My opinion. It was always going to be shot down, but it getting shot down over water basically ensures that whatever was inside the balloon wasn’t going to be analyzed by Jim Bob and Cooter.
    I do wonder why they let it fly over some sensitive military bases though.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Reverse spychology.

I Should Coco and Chef2 like this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I bow in your general direction.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Had they not shot it down over the ocean, the GQC would complain about the loss of civilian lives and property damage taxpayers would be responsible for had they shot it down over flyover country.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I wonder if the history and science teachers are still able to teach kids about Sputnik?

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted