1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

As if we didn't already know it.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  3. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

This subhuman will not acknowledge reality. He called Jack Smith's work a 'stunt'.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The cutline states as fact it's a Bible he's holding. I don't think so; it doesn't look as thick as a Bible usually is. Looks more to me like a daily hymnal (still a religious book, but it isn't The Holy Bible).

Most churches don't have Bibles just sitting out loose in the pews. In Catholic churches, and I'm given to believe Episcopalian churches are fairly similar, there are only a few Bibles actually in the church, primarily a large ceremonial one on the altar. In the pews, there are daily missals and hymnals, but not Bibles.

So if Fatfuck's squad of flunkies was roaring through the church saying, "quick, somebody grab a holy book the God Emperor can hold up to look like a true son of god," odds are much more likely this holy book would be a hymnal or missal, not a Bible.

What's the point? What's the difference?

The point is, NOTHING, nothing whatsoever, stated by Fatfuck or his minions should be accepted as fact without rigorous confirmation. Anything stated as "fact" by Fatfuck should be preemptively presumed bullshit.

Joe Biden, who is indeed a regular churchgoer, would know the difference between a hymnal, missal or a Bible. Fatfuck enters a church about once a decade. Fatfuck would barely know the difference between The Holy Bible and his personal leather-bound volumes of "Daddy's Daughters Get Naked."

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
    I Should Coco and wicked like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump will just sign the pledge. If he does not get the nomination, do you really think that will prevent him from trashing the nominee or running third party?

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

What are they gonna do, sue him?

And they will bend the rules if he won't sign, because in their eyes the spectacle of the clown show 2016 debates was great TV.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My state got that when for the first time in history, school board elections were mandated by new law to be partisan.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Nothing, I hope.

Neutral Corner and garrow like this.
  11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Every Episcopal Church I've been in over the last decade has three or four books in its pews. 1) The Hymnal 1982. It is either blue or red, though usually blue. He is not holding up the hymnal. 2). The Book of Common Prayer (1977 ed.)* It is almost always red, but can be blue or black. He is not holding up the BCP. The pew copies do not have the ribbon markers. 3) The NRSV Bible. 4) Lift Every Voice And Sing II: An African American Hymnal. He is not holding this book and it is not universally available in all Episcopal Churches, though almost every one I've been in has had it. There's usually one copy of the Bible and multiple copies of the other books in each pew. I routinely grab the Bible in my pew to follow the readings, even when they're excerpted in the bulletin.

*Some conservative parishes still substitute the Book of Common Prayer (1928 ed.), but it's been a long time since I've seen one of those.

Regardless, the Bible he held up did not come from St. John's. Ivanka brought it with her and handed it to him for the photo opp.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Bible from a purse
    Democracy in a hearse

OscarMadison and tapintoamerica like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted