1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

you should indeed.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This is all part of the right wing's attack on expertise -- all them pencil neck geek kollege boys with their fancy schmancy degrees think their so smart, etc etc blah blah. We gunna dew are own reeserch. FREEDUM.

OscarMadison and tapintoamerica like this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

So.

garrow likes this.
  4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Alma doesn’t have a problem with it.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The governors pushing vouchers think Genesis is science, Exodus is history, and Leviticus is a legal text.

At least in my experiences talking to people, the only folks who work at private schools that make anything is the administration and the football and basketball coaches. If you are a classroom teachers, you are a lot better off financially working in public schools. The tradeoff is you don't have to deal with the shitbirds.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Or you are double dipping as a retiree.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The micromanaging self-entitled parents at private schools are 100 times worse than the ones who rarely show up for parent-teacher conferences or offer to help in public schools. If the nouveau riche feel like their tuition allows them to tell the teacher what to do, they'll run to the principal/headmaster faster than Trump to a hamberder.

Think of swim parents on steroids.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

You wanna tighten up regs on teachers' advanced degrees and certificates? Get school districts to not reimburse any teacher for classes through University of Phoenix or another diploma mill. Require the class to have some form of in-person component. This will never happen because UofP will lobby everyone on Capitol Hill to ban this practice.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I felt bad for the teachers at my working-class Catholic high school. I think journalists at the local daily were making more to start. Only way I could see it working is if the spouse had a stable job that offered really good (read: low premiums) health insurance,

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I spent two years at a Catholic high school (1990-92) before begging my way to the local public school because many of the kids who I had known since pissing our pants in preschool had turned into complete snobs. My high school history teacher at that school supplemented his salary by working at a Radio Shack after school and on weekends.

12. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be too keen on sending my kid (who's currently deciding where he's going to go next year) to a place that allows concealed firearms on campus. But all the people responding to the story saying "Well, I guess no school in West Virginia will be getting OUR tuition money" -- let's get real. None of them were going to be sending their kids to school in WV in the first place.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted