1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts and Prayers: The Religion Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Slacker, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I only follow the teachings of heavy-handed black and white Super Bowl commercials funded by guys who buy stolen antiquities.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Riding your Hobby horse again, I see.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This part feels a little weird to me.

Why the need to gay-splain to people who are gay?

5. dixiehack

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This involves more than religion -- a lot of politics -- but it's a good explainer about what's going on in Israel lately. I'm trying to get caught up on the situation after being aghast at what I saw in TV reports about it today.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-03-27/ty-article/.premium/what-is-happening-in-israel-what-is-netanyahu-doing-and-why-are-israelis-protesting/00000187-239c-d7c4-ab8f-ffbecd6a00

I have to say, it sounds like Trump would love this, and he and Netanyahu would probably get along well.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I somehow thought this all came out years ago -- around the same time as the other allegations of inappropriate behavior against Hillsong church founder Brian Houston.

You talk about ruining what would have been a good legacy. Yeah, Hillsong groups churn out the hit worship songs. That church could give any mainstream music superstar more than a run for their money when it comes to comparisons. Just so good...one song after another, and each one better than the other.

8. dixiehack

This book except may have convinced me to plunk down a few bucks.

I was a teenage evangelical missionary

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I thought this news was older. The page stated he filed the whistleblower claim in 2019.

Maybe I'm just confusing it with a storyline on the Perry Mason remake

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It was yesterday’s edition of 60 Minutes.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I know that. I just have a feeling I already read about it. The 'for the first time ' language maybe first time for his account of the crimes.

Draft saved Draft deleted