1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Seriously? It’s overflowing with little bullshit deceptive tricks.

For instance, it explains the tickets would cost her $70,000, then ever after says “almost six figures.” Except one time it says the tickets were an “near-seven figure gift.”

Oopsie. What a silly typo.

Most of the rest seems to be about bills that got paid.

Thank god my life didn’t lead me to have to write shit like that. I’d sooner flip burgers than sell my soul to crank out that dishonest shit.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You are like 8 percent right, and ignoring the other 92 percent. Which is funny to me.

Here is the New York Times version. ... Did Ocasio-Cortez Intend to Pay for Her Met Gala Dress?

The difference is that anyone who is being honest, knows that regardless of what a politicized ethics committee with a thumb up its ass puts out. .... she kissed Anna Wintour's ass (who is bitchy beyond the Devil Wears Prada). begged her way into tha Gala because she wanted to mix with the gliterati, and accepted freebies of $70K worth of tickets and what would have been a minimum tens of thousands of dollars of goods and services (and that is at the celebrity rate). ... because she wanted the fame and to be seen while making a spectacle out of herself by wearing a provactive (and particularly hypocritical) dress. That actually was a night out that ran into the hundreds of thousands of dollars if you or I wanted to live that life.

This is who she is. She's the great spender of other people's money and lecturer of others about what they owe everyone else, while she gets to live it up at other people's expense. Not particularly bright, not particularly principled and in it for attention and what she can get materially at others' expense.

Because she couldn't turn her fun into a taxpayer expense the way much of the rest of her life is now being funded without getting ethics scrutiny . ... she had to finagle how she got the tickets with verbal gymnasitics, and she was trying to stiff the people who provided all of the service, first by Ms. Universal Income talking down how much they would get paid, and then by not paying them at all until the spotlight of the ethics investigation forced her to find money for them.

I am not going to parse the NYP's language to do an "aha, they said nearly six figures" when the cost of the tickets was $70k. I noticed it, and it's beside the point. They got her, and it was brilliant by their standards. They did it without making up things out of whole cloth because the ethics investigation report fed it to them on a platter. The NY Post may be ridiculously full of shit. ... but the subject of that one is WAY MORE full of shit by an order of magnitude on this. ... which is impossible to do unless you are a complete fraud.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. The Big Ragu

I don't think he really wanted to be president the first time around; he wanted to monetize a presidential run. But then his BS somehow translated into primary wins, his ego got tickled, and he decided to turn the presidency into a grift.

But he's Donald Trump. ... and he actually left himself worse off for the whole chapter in his life, because he's an f-up at heart.

I don't think he wants to be president this time around either. I think he thinks he can use a presidential campaign to insulate himself from his legal jeopardy.

OscarMadison, wicked, MTM and 5 others like this.
  5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

He wants to be president because it means he won. That's all he wants -- the win. Especially because he lost after winning, he can't understand how it happened.

6. The Big Ragu

Yes, I think you are right about that, too.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

this fucking guy

Another Overton Window stalking-horse for the GOP.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...ker-transgender-people-eradicated-1234690924/

At some point I'm gonna need to hear from mainstream Republicans repudiating things like this.

Otherwise I'll just have to assume American conservatives agree with the idea of 'eradication,' and embrace the return to genocide and Nazism.

Surprised the left let it get to this.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
    2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

They’re so certain CNN and MSNBC do the same thing.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I was told they just hired football coaches.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Uh, California, too.

"JFC, what a selfish, tone-deaf move by AOC and her staff" is the correct response. Anything else is just partisan parsing.

Draft saved Draft deleted