1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NAPSTER Memories

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Feb 17, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I love that. Hilarious.

I was just Googling Gene Simmons and Eddie Van Halen to make fun of Simmons the so-called financial genius "discovering" but not signing the band. He insists it was everyone around him who told him not to pursue it and that he ripped up the contract Van Halen signed with him so that the band could more easily pursue a new deal. Gene Simmons? Modest? And being a nice guy? In this economy?

Gene Simmons recalls producing early Van Halen demos — and why he tore up their contract: 'They owe me nothing'

Even if that's true--and there's no better people to lie about than Van Halen, since Michael Anthony is too nice a guy to call out anyone's bullshit, nobody listens to DLR b/c he's insane and Alex is the biggest recluse in the rock world--the rest of his non-Kiss moves weren't all that great either. His big signing on Simmons Records--an imprint of RCA Records, considered a cool record label by absolutely no one in the late '80s--was House of Lords. Solid enough band for the time, but yikes.

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

If that story isn't true it should be.

Buddy of mine is a huge KISS fan and he swears Ace's solo album is the best album the band never made.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That’s because what good there was in KISS was almost entirely due to Ace, who is a legitimately good guitar player. “Rip It Out”, from his solo album, is a really good song.

Huggy, Captain_Kirk and I Should Coco like this.
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The argument is "who in their right mind prefers KISS over Led Zeppelin?"

wicked likes this.
  5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Which member of KISS was the most mysterious?

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

That thread is already hilarious. Dudes coming in to make fun of Kiss fans, Kiss fans answering seriously, one guy suggesting Gene might be gay w/Mom issues.

Hermes and PCLoadLetter like this.
  7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

As a dolt who spends time on some of the audio forums it gets pretty intense.

Which cables are best sonically always ends up with blood splatters on the walls.

8. Machine Head

Of no interest to no one I'll add Hoffman is the reason I'm hanging on to the 211 vacuum tubes I have that test as new in the hope one day of finding an amp for them.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I was just reading a thread where two guys were arguing about the remastering of an album.

Dude #1 insisted it was taken from inferior digital sources.

Dude #2 disagreed.

Dude #1 insisted.

Dude #2 owns the label and posted a photo of the master analog tapes used for the remaster.

Dude #1 disappeared.

dixiehack, Hermes, UNCGrad and 2 others like this.
  10. Machine Head

Whatever you people do DO NOT invite them here.

Remember the Sons of Sam Horn at the gate?

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Shit, remember JDV.

Provably, demonstrably.

jr/shotglass, Huggy and wicked like this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I have a vacuum tube amp set up in my office from my client who sells the amps and speakers. Great sound and I like the retro vibe. PM me if you want the name of the system.

Draft saved Draft deleted