1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Just to make sure it's not just me... outside of the pocket of usual maga jerkoffs, nobody gives a flying fuck about "the twitter files" right? Like, far less than a flying fuck, whatever that is?

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Correct.

Whatever the minimum number of fucks must be given in order to sustain flight, this number is a great deal less than that.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

riiiiiiiiiiiiight

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

About 23 percent of adults use Twitter.

A percentage of them gives a fuck about the inner workings of Twitter.

A percentage of the people who give a fuck about the inner workings of Twitter gives a fuck that Twitter regulates what is allowed on its site.

A percentage of the people who give a fuck about what Twitter regulates on its site is outraged that Twitter is making decisions as to what is allowed on its site.

Another percentage of people who give a fuck about what Twitter allows on its site already know that they’re legally allowed to do so and point to the hypocrisy of the outraged who constantly whine about government interference in private business.

The rest of the population who don’t give a fuck about Twitter’s inner workings or don’t even use Twitter wonder what the fuck they’re supposed to be outraged about now among a host of other issues they’re supposed to be outraged about.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Twitter Files are like Trump asking Ukraine to announce an investigation of Hunter Biden. The substance or result is largely irrelevant — it’s something for partisans to point to as evidence of some grand scheme against them using either a world leader or some well known writers.

What little bandwidth I’ve given to the Twitter Files are that they are a lot of bluster and not any meat on the bone.

dixiehack and wicked like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Matt Taibbi, Bari Weiss, and Glenn Greenwald are pushing the Twitter Files story, with a hearty assist from Elmo Musk.

That's why I'm paying a microscopic level of attention to any of it.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I wonder what Mike Taibbi thinks of his son's heel turn.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Elon buying SVB yet?

Azrael likes this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Would SVB have played a role in Elon Musk's Twitter financing? I'm reading that SVB pretty much dealt with a lot of Silicon Valley heavies... true?

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

back, and to the right
    back, and to the right

to the right
    to the right
    to the right

12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

and you still can't get enough of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted