1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

No offense taken, Sam. Good questions. IMHO, Republican primaries are going to be the TFG disciples (including DeSantis) vs those wanting off the Trump train.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

He's arguing that because he was serving in his role as president of the Senate on Jan. 6, he is protected under the Constitution’s “speech or debate” clause from being forced to testify. That provision is intended to protect members of Congress from questioning about official legislative acts.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

4. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

“Pence mentioned that, despite travel problems that were plaguing Americans, Buttigieg took ‘maternity leave’ after he and his husband adopted newborn twins.

“‘Pete is the only person in human history to have a child and everyone else gets post-partum depression,’ Pence said.”

8A7CF211-37CD-4380-BCC5-AC0F127ED958.jpeg

garrow likes this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They still might leave Arkansas. They're just not going to California.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

This guy doesn’t understand what all the fuss is about drag shows

3DAABD07-4C58-402D-8713-8217A37B8B44.jpeg

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

To threadjack this for a second: so I'm reading a Casey Stengel biography that has reached the start of the 1951 season and it talks about Vice President Alben Barkley -- who I learned today was a vice president -- throwing out the first pitch. So I went down a wormhole of vice presidents and when looking at the timeline realized: how lucky are we as a country in the early stages that when they didn't have vice presidents for years at a time, nothing happened to the president? That we all now just take for granted the line of succession but back then if the VP died or became president, we just waited until the next election, which in some cases was essentially a whole term.

garrow likes this.
  9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

“Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with the constitution- we did.”

“But you can't hold a whole party responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole American electoral system? And if the whole electoral system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our country in general? I put it to you, Donald - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!”

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

So she’s 15 then

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe she should spend more time worrying about what her kid is doing instead of worrying about what other parents are doing with their kids.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted