1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THIS IS CNN: Don Lemon goes berserker on Kaitlan Collins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Feb 5, 2023.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Enjoying all of the posts about morning TV here.

I’ve been back on PM anchoring for a few years but the lost enjoyable years - approaching 30 years of TV news - were the six years I was a morning news anchor.

I was sleep-deprived, up at 2 am, into work by 3, anchoring 17.5 hours a week. But we had huge ratings and I felt like people really appreciated what we offered to keep them informed on their day.

Haven’t felt that level of “doing good” since I moved to nights. People don’t watch at night and I don’t blame them - we give away the content all day.

Never made more money than I’m making now but also never felt less of an impact.

WriteThinking, Liut and Alma like this.
  2. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Abby's a rising star, for sure.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just to add to the threadjack, thoughts on the "CNN News Central" that debuted Monday?

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I like the no desk format

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

More threadjack tied (loosely) toward the question of CNN's all-time best anchor ... watching Bob Cain try to keep a straight face while reporting on the severing of John Bobbitt's penis is etched in my memory.

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

John Bobbitt: One of the great names in 1990s news. Along with my all-time favorite, Joey Buttafuoco.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I know it’s pathetic, but I had a crush on Amy Fisher.

I also remember a Beavis and Butthead episode where they were watching a TV promo for a show that was titled Joey Buttawipe-o.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

WKRP, one of them confronts Les Nessman and says, "Of all the names to mispronounce ..."

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Joey Buttafuoco ... who knew we were in store for much bigger idiocy than that

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Not sure why there's a thread for this knucklehead, but here:

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How the hell does he still have a job there?

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'm amazed that came from Variety and not the NY Post. CNN management must be broadening its leaking horizons.

Twirling Time likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted