1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Just doing a favor for a couple of friends.

2. Neutral Corner

Interesting thread.

3. Neutral Corner

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Can't wait until next week we we see which cases Judge Ho has presided over the last four years and amazingly Mr. Crow benefitted by the ruling

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

An Ogre in Manhattan: a Grim Fairy Tale

[​IMG]

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Trump playbook to a T. Never apologize or explain, only attack the other side. Perfect phone call, Clinton was being helped by Russia, etc

OscarMadison, wicked and HanSenSE like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

You have one week from a nomination to vote on said nominee. If you do not hold a vote by the end of the seventh day, the confirmation is automatic. There are no holds; there is no haggling. This is who the president wants for an open job. Get it done in seven days and let the person get to work, or vote them down and the next pick is up, start the clock on a week. 90 percent of the openings could be filled in a day

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

It’s different when they do it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Fascist thug.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Ducking from the SJ arrows and slings as I write this.

I’ve voted mostly Republican in every non-presidential election since 1993, when I was 18. Lots of failed Senate candidates and quite a few House bids — but they stood for what I believed in.

Dole, Bush, Bush, McCain (but I recognized the significance of Obama — as I’ve written here that our 44th president is one of the finest humans our nation has ever produced), Romney…

But I could never get myself to vote for Trump.

I wrote in Romney in 2016 but took mostly conservatives.

I voted Biden in 2020 but went Republican downballot. I don’t agree with the financial priorities of our current President but I’ve long considered him a man of character and that matters to me at the top.

What happened last night in Tennessee finally lost me for the Republicans.

That goes against everything our nation should stand for.

As an older guy, with 50 approaching, I may be personally against abortion but these six-week bans are insane, these elected school boards with non-education professionals okay with corporal punishment are insane, ostracizing the LGBTQ+ community is insane… and hateful. All while clinging to scripture.

What the F happened to you Republicans??

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Exmedia, Obama-McCain was the only presidential election this century where overall opinion of both candidates was favorable. Going back to a different era, the first Eisenhower-Stevenson election polling was marked by the undecideds saying they were having trouble making up their minds because they liked both guys so much.

Draft saved Draft deleted