1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Hermes likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Cardinals usually a big draw when they come to Coors, but only 24,000 there last night. Weather was not an issue.

There were numerous empty seats for opening day last week at Coors even though the Rockies announced 48,000.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Seems to me the 7th-inning deadline was so you wouldn't still be feeling the "effects" when you drive home. With games going faster, allowing sales through the 8th puts drinkers closer to drive-time. If that's the case, they should stop sales after the 6th to allow proper sober-up time.

Yes, this is a stupid idea. Yes, I feel shame. Yes, I need a newbie to show up to fetch me a beer or three.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Kike Hernandez with five errors in eight games at short stop, while hitting about .100.

Ya know, I loved him during the team's 2021 playoff run, but outside of that he's pretty much been dogshit, and I don't think it's gonna be long till we see Bobby Dalbec manning SS for the Bosox, which underscores how fucked they are by the Duvall injury and the lack of meaningful depth on this club.

They've shown some punch this year and Verdugo, in particular, has made a leap. But unless a few other guys start exceeding expectations -- namely, Justin Turner and Chris Sale -- this season is gonna be over before May.

Yesterday's 1-0 loss to the Rays was, as Boston.com said, something of a moral victory. But Garrett Whitlock is coming off the DL tonight to pitch and this is a game they desperately need to win, not just keep close. Unfortunately, they're facing Rue McClanahan, that saucy minx...

maumann likes this.
  5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The Red Sox winning tonight feels like a slam dunk #WrongSport reverse lock #WrongThread.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

OH, my. Now schoolchildren all around the Beltway will be spitting!

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

So apparently Franchy Cordeiro is the new Matt Carpenter

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Cellys? Cellys. What Gen Z fucker came up with that? Cellys?

Fah-Q!

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Oakland got cute, took a 7-3 lead, fucked around, found out that you need 13 runs to beat the mighty O’s.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What's a baseball celly?

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Two bombs and nine RBI from Ryan Mountcastle will do that. The dong bong is getting a workout tonight!

Cosmo likes this.
  12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Brewers are 7-3 … and have been shutout 3 times.

Draft saved Draft deleted