1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2023 NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Feb 13, 2023.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

This drives me nuts.

A rookie QB coming in will be mentored by a veteran regardless of whether or not the veteran takes part in it or likes it. He can treat the rookie like crap, ignore him or whatever. He doesn't have to work with the new guy or show him how things are done or give him advice or anything.

But the rookie will be in every quarterback meeting with the veteran. He'll hear everything the coaches tell the veteran and most of the things the veteran tells the coaches. He'll watch the veteran practice every day, watch film with him during the week and go over the game plan with him before every game. He'll see where the veteran goes with the ball in various situations and will find out why when they go over it in the Monday meeting. The QB coach will make sure to tell the new guy as many of the veteran's tips, tricks and reads as he knows.

Even if the veteran completely blows him off, he'll still be mentoring him.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Stetson Bennett will be 26 in October.

Todd Gurley was all but out of the league at 26.

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

"Fucking kids."--Chris Weinke

garrow likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I think Estes is the best part of being a Titans fan these days and this column shows why...especially the closer:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sp...aft-2023-ran-carthon-mike-vrabel/70134689007/

Since they lack a fourth-round pick, it's likely they're going to be rolling the dice on a fifth-round selection to play meaningful minutes.

Plenty of quarterbacks, though. Malik Willis is still around, too. Could he play receiver?

And hey, when you think about it, Tannehill actually did play receiver in college, which means he's probably one of the best receivers on the Titans.

I wish I were kidding about that.

After this draft night, I’d imagine Tannehill does, too.

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Dear God that’s terrible.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Some great video of a 1969 Bills-Bengals game in a snowstorm at the old Rockpile.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

TOO SOON.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Didn’t he just leave an HBCU to go to a Power 5 school?

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And he's very ashamed about it.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted