1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Or puts ketchup on a hot dog ...

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just another brick in the platform for the GQC. If they don't likean agency, get rid of it.

garrow likes this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

A younger candidate might have their own ideas.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Biden often wins the one-run games, and I'm ok with that, even if he is just 16-12.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It isn't just Biden's age that is a concern, he didn't exactly light the campaign trail on fire last time, or the other times he's run, when he was younger. Without Clyburn's gift of SC and COVID, not sure he would have lasted another month.

Liut and Driftwood like this.
  7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yeah. I watched that interview. Batshit crazy. Even if the GQP would vote for someone with so many consonants in his name, this guy's chances are really close to zero.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

You’ve been lying to us and been a Chicagoan the whole time?!?

2muchcoffeeman and I Should Coco like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

At this point the situation looks a lot like 2020. I'm not enthusiastic but I don't see anyone better, and I want to win. Since the R's are still working very hard at pushing any number of insane policies I think there's a good chance. The wild card is who gets nominated on the R side if they can cough up the hairball that is Donald J. Trump.

Liut likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

One side is led by an octogenarian who may be slipping mentally. This side does not want to end democracy.
    The other side is led by a 77-year-old bigot who advocated the overthrow of democracy. This side still wants to end democracy because it knows its policies are widely unpopular.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You want someone who has their own ideas, you say. Who told you to say that?

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted