1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I hadn't even seen this gem: “This might be the wine talking, but I’ve got a crush on @elonmusk.”

I not only don't blame AOC for sending the Feds after that account, I wouldn't blame her if she tracked down whoever's responsible and beat him/her to death for implying she's trying to thirst-trap Elon Musk.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Thing is, that AOC parody account isn’t even funny. Maybe if you’re in middle school, but outside of that, no.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Ronny running a primary campaign of course. WOKE!!! WOKEISM! DESTROY THE LEFT!

Problem is, there is no evidence of any other gear. It’s all he has. Everything trump without trump.

Combined with being awkward and highly unlikeable outside of the hare-core base, that seems like a loser. That shit is old and tired. The biggest thing he has going for him is he’s not a million years old. And that approach pisses away that advantage.

But please, keep getting your nuts stomped on by Mickey Mouse.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I keep waiting for a Republican to emerge who isn't a walking unforced error. Trump won in 2016 because he drew to an inside straight against a candidate who fucked up, and because of massive disinformation campaigns. That isn't happening again.

8. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

He never wanted the job. He didn't expect to win the first time. This was all a big grift.

And he had no clue of the responsibilities of the job or the legal requirements (just as in the rest of his life) ... so that's why he's got the DOJ and other state agencies on his fat ass.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think the Republican VP scramble shapes up to be entertaining. We already have Tim Scott and Nikki Haley positioning themselves, and Kari Lake is all but running for it openly.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I keep thinking it shouldn’t be this hard. Nobody’s winning 49 states again in the foreseeable future, but a Republican running on a platform of “The taxpayers are not an unlimited piggy bank and we do need law enforcement (without the lynch mob mentality this time, thanks)” could clean up. Instead you may as well be Chuckles the Clown with GOP primary voters if you don’t wake up every day with fresh plans to mock and crush the people the base hates.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Looking for better sourcing, but here:

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

He also thinks being president, and running for president, allows him to do whatever he wants and shields him from all consequences. And so far he’s been right.

OscarMadison, rtse11 and dixiehack like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted