1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Forty years ago, this ol’ clam would have been doing the same thing, only sending the money to PTL Ministries instead of this goof. Nothing changes.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Gov. William J. LePetomane was ahead of his time.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I was going to vote for Biden, then he fell on stage. I’m not voting for any of these other guys either.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Carter, Ford fell too. HW Bush puked and fell over. They all have something else in common.

People can say its a small thing, but a) older voters who start having falls know they vulnerable, b) people who have parents who start having falls know they are vulnerable.

Now maybe Biden shows us all it is nonsense and goes out and kicks ass in a Spartan Race this weekend after winning Jeopardy Masters, but I doubt it. There were already concerns about his age. My guess is there will be a House investigation this summer to find proof that he's fallen in the WH.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Biden appeared to trip on a black sandbag being used to steady his teleprompter, according to pool reporters traveling with the president, and pointed back at it after he got up.

Well, whoTF thought it was a good idea NOT to make sure a SANDBAG was safely out of the president's path?

Inky_Wretch and wicked like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Even if the tape from Meadow's aide does not indicate that Meadows has flipped, it sets Trump's lawyers up for quite a challenge in court. The prosecutors can lay out testimony that WH staff warned him about the requirements of the Presidential Records Act. They have the letter from his attorneys asserting that all such documents have been returned. They have video of more Secret and Top Secret papers being found in Trump's office after the receipt of that letter. They have a tape of Trump saying that he had a planning document regarding some sort of military strike on Iran, and that he should have declassified it before leaving the White House, indicating that he was aware that he had willfully kept it illegally. Throw in any other applicable video from any of his statements, depositions, speeches, etc. to ice the cake.

That's a very direct chain of events, with Trump essentially stating his own guilt on video, assuming that the tape's details are as it is being reported. It's going to take one helluva lift for a defense lawyer to overcome that.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Hell of a lift, my ass.

PROSECUTION: “He did all these things and we have recordings to prove it.”

DEFENSE: “He’s Donald Trump! He does what he wants and you can’t stop him.”

JURY and JUDGE: “Can’t argue that. Not guilty.”

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sure, Jan. The U.S. Government really doesn't give a crap about Top Secret documents. The Magats might think he should be let slide with a warning, but I'm not seeing many judges in Federal court passing out light sentences regarding 1/6 and related affairs. Federal sentencing guidelines are going to come into play, Trump or not.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This is a fantastic pull!

Regan MacNeil and garrow like this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Biden trips on stage, who cares. Fatfuck can barely waddle 30 feet from his bed to the golden toilet.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

A Democratic President was sandbagged!?

Catch me, I'm falling!

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Why was the sandbag black?

Draft saved Draft deleted