1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

You think it was nasty with Hillary atop the ticket?

It’ll be times 10 with Kamala. In addition to not having a penis, she’s not white. I’m sure Kamala birther nonsense will get floated out there, early, whenever she declares. She’ll get called “shrill” and “assertive,” like Hillary, and folks will drop the old canard about how she slept her way to the Calif AG’s office. She could be the second coming of Christ and she’d have no chance of winning a nomination for national office.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Vice President is a do nothing job. It doesn't matter if you are Thomas Jefferson or Levi Morton. The VP has two constitutional responsibilities.
    Heck, the GOP made Theodore Roosevelt VP to get him out of the way. They didn't count on McKinley taking two in the gut.
    Harris did her job balancing the ticket to help get Biden elected.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Now let's throw Gretchen Whitmer into the conversation.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Plenty of southern pols who attended Yale and Harvard sound like Foghorn Leghorn when they're out on the hustings.

Not sure the Vice-President shouldn't be accorded the same privilege.

Interesting question as to which audience she's fronting in each case.

Whiteness

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If Harris runs for the nomination as VP in 2028 she will be nominated by the Democratic party. Will she then win the election? No way to tell. But to say she can't win because Republicans will go nuts is just doomcasting. Ron DeSantis just about called Biden a pedophile on social media today. Joe Biden! After awhile, that stuff just becomes background noise.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

To be fair, my diction and drawl at work and sitting on the porch are different... especially if I've got couple of beers in me and am pissed off about something.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

True that. Add that I'm not above using countryisms for conversational effect or putting on the cornpone accent if the occasion warrants.

I pull out stuff my daddy used to say once in a while.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

When I lived in Jacksonville, folks there wondered why I sounded like I was from the south when I was from the Midwest. The redneck runs deep.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Republicans are like the high school hood that is sledging his ride to smithereens in the parking lot just because he can. But then Rich Daddy buys him a new Escalade in a few years.

It was SIX YEARS between when Nixon went down in flames and when Reagan won the presidency. America has the memory of a goldfish. It's probably a shorter span today.

OscarMadison and dixiehack like this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Shock!

franticscribe likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted