1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I'm a legitimate person.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I was unaware that keying a car was upgraded to a felony.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Fuck John Kelly. Where was this integrity before he was trying to get rich selling a book?

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I’ve been a fan of Miller’s since this

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Kelly was convincing himself that the country needed his steady hand to limit Trump's damage. A lot of libs got the vapors when Trump hired a bunch of career military for gigs, but Kelly and Mattis probably did provide some order to the chaos. Before they realized they were swimming upstream.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That's good.

TNR cares about labor. I do. Some others might. The people around Joe Biden and most of the media focus on other things.

Big Circus and Neutral Corner like this.
  8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Starman called it almost 10 years ago.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Biden has been the most pro-union President since Truman, or maybe even since FDR.

franticscribe and Neutral Corner like this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it doesn't feel like that.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, he's had a union movement to support, to some degree. There's a little bit of momentum again on that front.

But, yes, Biden's always been a pretty good labor guy.

The reason nobody talks about it is it doesn't do ratings. MSNBC knows what does ratings; it ain't that.

And as it relates to labor debates, there's too much media focus on the minimum wage debate.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One of Biden's big problems is that he is so old-fashioned he thinks that if he does stuff, people will notice it. Doesn't work that way anymore, if it ever did. Bringing home the bacon earns no votes, or not enough votes anyway. It's not loud enough. People want the President to be good TV, period. The lefty Dems who rip Biden don't really have any major policy beefs with him. They just wish he was on TV every night loudly kicking hell out of the GOP. That this is the exact behavior that turned a decisive group of voters off Trump escapes them.

Draft saved Draft deleted