1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screw the CMA's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Neutral Corner, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The lyrics read like a jumble of MAGA refrigerator magnet sayings.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The controversy surrounding this almost made me want to listen to a country song to see what the fuss what all about. Almost...

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He didn't write it - maybe the bigger sin is he thought it was good. It really is a trash song. My goodness, the pandering of country music lyrics is so over the top. It's pretty clear the people writing songs don't live in the small towns and "real America" they write about, where young people are leaving in droves and those that aren't - wish they could. Always liked Sugarland's "Gotta Be Something More."

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If you listened to that song, you wouldn’t be listening to a country song.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Why not? Vanilla Ice is still rap.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The sad part of all this is I went to a high school whose student population was about 25 percent from Columbia where this and many other lynchings happened and I never knew anything about them until this weekend.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I never knew about 1927. Thought at first they were talking about the race riot in 46.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This is the case with a lot of information. It's why I try not to jump to immediately condemning people, and it's a big part of why a lot of idiots in our country these days are the way they are. It's ignorance -- just plain old lack of awareness -- not total rotten-ness that makes many people sound and act the way they do.

Literally, they just don't know...People don't read enough, or learn enough, or let TV news get through enough...whatever. And I feel like that's how so many still support Trump -- because a lot of those who do really are good people, the kind you are surprised to realize actually do support him.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Counterpoint: You can pick any random historic county courthouse in the South and chances are decent some really heinous racial shit went down there. So if you are looking for a backdrop for the video to your song that plays footsie with the idea of vigilante justice, that’s on you to do the research and make sure of the message you’re communicating with the visuals.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Palate cleanser: Hailey Whitters is about to be everywhere.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted