1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Screw the CMA's

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Neutral Corner, Nov 13, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I remember reading about Martina McBride having to personally call program managers at different radio stations because they hesitated to play "Independence Day" (a song about a woman suffering domestic abuse finally killing her husband). I guess times have changed with the Aldean song, or maybe country music is still just sexist.

https://people.com/country/martina-mcbride-independence-day-mixed-feelings/

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

More like arena rock with a Southern accent.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

7. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Sadly, Aldean went and grabbed for a hit on the money bong much like Wallen did.

Couldn't claim victimhood in Vegas on 10/1/2017 because of who was president at the time. Now I suppose he can, ex post facto.

And I can only recognize his songs by how recycled he recycles "Big Green Tractor." He is The Outfield of country music.

Liut, OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Glad you didn’t call him the Richard Marx of country. Marx would hunt you down.

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I miss being able to go to church, school, the movies, a concert, without automatically scoping out where I'd hide if there was an active shooter. I miss thinking the hateful people who want to destroy anyone not like themselves was a much smaller group than I now know it to be. I miss the luxury of not being political. I miss working on causes that made a significant dent in the amount of food insecurity where I live. I miss being able to tell kids that Mae Clark is real and they can be astronauts and doctors, too. I miss libraries that don't fire their librarians because Kirk Cameron lied.

There are a lot of good old things and the days they contained that I miss.

Jason Isbell, Garth Brooks, Willie Nelson, and Lyle Lovett would like a word with you.

Goodbye, Earl. Oops. Never mind.

You mean this?

Marx does no harm and takes no crap.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think Jason Isbell would agree with me. He's pretty vocal in his views of the current state of country music.

The other three are decades removed from modern country music.

Inky_Wretch and OscarMadison like this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Oh that’s the reason

Draft saved Draft deleted